Residence document and work permit

Depending on your country of origin and the duration of your stay you may need a residence document.

When you come to Denmark to work, you will need a civil registration number (CPR number) or a personal tax number, depending on whether you take up a short or a longer residence in Denmark. If you are a citizen from a country outside Scandinavia, the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you will also need a work permit.


Required documents for staying in Denmark

EU-Residence document (EU/EEA and Switzerland)
Nordic citizens
More help on EU residence document
Residence and work permit (outside Scandinavia, EU/EAA and Switzerland)
Tax and registration
To get a personal tax number
Tax card
Civil Registration number (CPR number)

Places to get help

Citizen Service Centre (Borgerservice) at the Town Hall
Places to get help - International Citizen Service
How to get help with online self-services in Danish