Welcome to the Municipality of Rudersdal, and our website.
The Municipality of Rudersdal
With a population of almost 54,000, the Municipality of Rudersdal came into being on 1 January 2007 when the former municipalities of Birkerød and Søllerød merged into a single local authority.
The Municipality of Rudersdal is administered by Mayor Jens Ive and 23 elected Municipal Councillors.
» Municipal Council
Designed in 1939 by the Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the Municipal Town Hall is in Holte. There are administration offices in Birkerød and Gl. Holte.
The Municipality of Rudersdal covers 73.2 sq. kilometres and is situated in North Zealand, 20 minutes by public transport or car from the centre of Copenhagen.
Discover and explore the Rudersdal area using the digital map
» The Rudersdal digital map
Rudersdal is responsible for:
- Children’s daycare services
- Primary and lower-secondary schools for children and young people aged 7-17 years
- Libraries, local sports facilities, and other cultural activities
- Homes for older people and home care for those who live by themselves
- Administration of certain social benefits such as payment of cash benefits and pensions
- Integration of refugees and immigrants
- Job activation and employment projects for the unemployed
- Public utilities, environmental measures, and emergency services
» Municipal Services